Saturday, February 7, 2015

A pretty full week

So this week has been awesomely intense. 

The best part is that we spent pretty much the whole week in the area. That was the best ever! We worked hard this week and met a lot of new people. Elder Walker and I do great together, I guess that’s what happens when you are with someone 24/7 for 4 and half months… hahaha. 

I think one of the more interesting parts of the week is that I can now announce the transfers! 
I’m staying here but Elder Walker is heading out to be a traveling missionary for his last transfer. (He is going to do divisions with all the missionaries in the mission.) We got to call my new companion in on Friday. 
I HAVE MY SECOND COMPANION FROM THE UNITED STATES!
So my new companion is… Elder Gomez
Elder Gomez, Elder Walker & Elder Lyle

Elder Gomez´s parents are from here. His dad is from Cali and his mom is from Barranquilla, which is on the Pacific Coast. He grew up all his life in the United States. He’s super awesome. He got to the mission with the same group as Elder Donoso and Elder Rebolledo. I remember the day he started the mission and now he is going to be my companion, weird right? hahaha. 

This week we have taught some awesome people. Earlier this week we went looking for an address in our area of someone we had talked to a long time ago. We went to the door, knocked and a lady walked out, we asked for the family and she said that they had already moved out. We told her that we were missionaries and that we wanted to share our message with her and that we would pass by the next day. 
So we went back the next day with a member named Kenny that is 18 years old. We got to know Catherine a little bit better. She is 28 years old and she grew up a Baptist but for a long time she has been far from living the standards that were taught to her when she was younger. 
We taught her the first lesson and she understood everything. You could feel the spirit so strong. When she offered the prayer at the end she started to cry and it was an incredible experience for everyone. 

We also started to teach someone named Jorge Paz and his family (his wife and son). They are also awesome. We invited them to a family home evening with the Aagard’s and it was such a great experience. We all played games and then my new companion gave the message. 

This week I was able to feel the power of the atonement in my life and in the life of others. I love my Savior, and I know that through his sacrifice all my pains, sufferings, and sorrows can be washed away.
I read a scripture this week that I really liked
Mosiah 5:8
“And under this head ye are made free, and there is no other head whereby ye can be made free. There is no other name given whereby salvation cometh; therefore, I would that ye should take upon you the name of Christ, all you that have entered into the covenant with God that ye should be obedient unto the end of your lives.”

I love my Savior, I know that he lives and I have seen the difference that he can make not only in my own life but also in the life of others. 

I love being a missionary it is honestly the best experience in the whole world. 

I love you so much
I hope you are all doing awesome. 

My challenge for you all this week is to think and write down the ways the atonement of Christ has affected your personal lives. 
I love you all 

Talk to you next week.
Elder Lyle

A few pictures from this week:

The new office crew

Elder Lyle

Elder problems...


No comments:

Post a Comment