Saturday, February 28, 2015

Finishing Conferences

So this week was awesome
It all started off in the south of the mission and we had a blast teaching the zone leaders how to help their zones. Currently the two zones there have 125 people getting ready to get baptized. 
I love this gospel, all it takes are missionaries who are willing to open their mouths and speak miracles.

Then we had the zone conference in Pasto. Super awesome moment as well, and that’s when Elder Gomez and I got sick… hahahaha. We have a nice cough going on, but hey it was totally worth it working our tailbones off in the cold southern part of the mission.

Wednesday and Thursday we had the conferences here in Cali. Awesome experiences also. The mission is starting to understand how to teach effectively again. 
I love being a missionary. The best things happen while serving. You can meet some awesome people.

We found someone about 2 weeks ago, his name is Julian. While Elder Gomez and I have been making our way through the mission for zone conferences, our companions here in Terron Colorado have continue to teach him, he is awesome. 
Friday we finally had our first day back in the area and we went to teach him. We taught him the Plan of Salvation. I love the Plan of Salvation. While talking about the Atonement of Christ he told us that he is ready to use the Atonement of Christ in his own life and is preparing to get baptized on the 14th of March. We talked about how Christ is the center of everything. How without him we would have never had the opportunity to return to our Father in Heaven. We talked about how his choice to be baptized is the start of an incredible journey that will bring him back to live with his Heavenly Father. I love the gospel because you can understand everything so clearly. There are no fuzzy parts. Everything is clear, just as it should be, as it says in 2 Nephi 31:3

“For my soul delighteth in plainness; for after this manner doth the Lord God work among the children of men. For the Lord God giveth light unto the understanding; for he speaketh unto men according to their language, unto their understanding.”

Things that include God should not be difficult to understand. For that reason I love his Gospel. I love my Savior and I know that he suffered for me and for all my pains. I know that through him and only through him I will have a family for time and eternity if I can do the things he has asked me to do and follow his example. 

I love you all
I think you all are awesome. 

I love Meet the Mormons, we saw it in every zone conference. I think it truly helps others understand who we are. I loved the story of the missionary and his mom and family. Honestly my favorite one. Also the family from Costa Rica was AWESOME. Actually they were all awesome. 

I love you all so much 
I know that my Savior lives and that the Book of Mormon is true and that through our Savior and only our Savior we can accomplish all things

Elder Lyle

No comments:

Post a Comment