Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rafting!

Well in these last few days before I leave, I want to have the best of the Oregon experience before I left.
Naturally when I think of good fun at home initially what I think is Rafting. 
Ever since I was little my family would always go rafting, some of my fondest memories of my family and I are from the rafting trips I took as child. Awesome summer days lazily floating, hailstorms in class 4 rapids, you know, just an average day in Oregon haha.
Well I took a few of my friends and did the North Umpqua River, which was so much fun, as always. At first we were all a little apprehensive to get in the water because it is all glacier melt and absolutely FREEZING. But we all put on our wetsuits and ended up having the best time ever! Who couldn't have an amazing time in Oregon. As I rafted the river I was reminded of just how gorgeous my home truly is, with all of its greenery and awesome trees. Not going to lie, I'm starting to get a little bit nostalgic about all this haha.
After we went rafting, we went to my most favorite spot on this planet, Toketee Falls. It is honestly the most surreal  and perfect place on this Earth. You can not help but stop and marvel at God's awesome power and the beauty of the planet we live on. 
I am so ecstatic to leave on my mission  Everything is getting so real now, and I am just so pumped to get out there and serve the Lord. I know this will be an amazing adventure. 
See you soon Colombia, nos vemos pronto. 
Elder Lyle
A view of Toketee Falls from below 
Isn't Oregon just awesome?

No comments:

Post a Comment