Monday, August 18, 2014

PUES NO TENGO MUCHO

Well, I don’t have much to say this week, nothing super crazy happened to us.

We went to Cali again with the whole zone. On the trip there they all threw up, oh my… hahahaha. We had a zone conference with President Prícoli. It was super awesome. 
Elder Campos & Elder Lyle

The most exciting things of my week were: 
Joseph Riascos got baptized, the kid who didn’t get baptized last week. It was my first baptism in a river and I had the most amazing experience when I was baptizing him. I honestly loved it.
Elder Lyle baptizing Joseph 

Buenaventura is super awesome.
Joseph is super awesome, I see him as a missionary in 1 year, I know it! 

The other awesome thing is....
WE ARE TEACHING BRANDON’S FAMILY!
So if you don’t remember who Brandon is, he is the 16 year old who had problems in Venezuela and in order to save his life he walked all the way to Buenaventura. Well let me just tell you that’s not a walk in the park. Where he lived in Venezuela to Buenaventura is from like Portland to Redding California. When he got here he found his family that lives here, he asked them if he could live with them and they accepted. He was a member of the church in Venezuela, his family got baptized when he was 2 and he was baptized when he turned 8. However, after he turned 12 he started some bad friendships that ended badly. We were walking around when he found us; he said, "Hi, I’m Brandon and I’m a member of the church and I want to change my life". Ever since then we have been inseparable. We have spent so much time with him that his aunts and his cousins who he lives with have asked us to teach them. Natalia and Josselyn are his cousins and every single day this week they woke up and dragged Brandon to Seminary at 4:30 in the morning. It’s super awesome.
The famous Brandon

Honestly I’m starting to love Buenaventura. 
It rains every single day here. Buenaventura is known as one of the rainiest cities in the world. Yeah... in the world. I can testify of that as well, hahaha. My shoes are growing mold, my ties are growing mold, my suit isn’t here because if it was here it would be growing mold. It so awesome, yet, with all the mold that grows here the people here don’t know how to make cheese....
We walk around everyday absolutely drenched, and I love it. Buenaventura is the best.
Not for the light of stomach. 
The rain wreaks havoc on the feet
mile after mile

So this week we have been watching a lot of the church videos with people to help teach them. There are some very deep yet easy to understand videos that are great ways to understand how much our Heavenly Father loves us. 

So that brings me to the challenge this week: 

Watch one of these two movies this week with your family. 
The Testaments or 
Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration

I love you all, if you want other short videos check out:
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/categories/mormon-messages?lang=eng 

I love you all 
Talk to next week


Elder Lyle

No comments:

Post a Comment