Monday, June 9, 2014

The Big Booga

Family and Friends 
What’s up?

My life in the last two weeks has been so incredibly hectic/weird and I haven’t been able to write any of you. So let me start off telling you all why its been so flippin' hectic.

1st of all we did a ward activity in Santander de Quilichao last Monday. Santander de Quilichao is about one hour south of Jamundi.

2nd I was making chocolate pies and cheesecakes all day for baptisms on Tuesday night.

And 3rdly I got transferred.

I gave my weekly dats last Sunday when my zone leader told me that I had been transferred. I was kind of bummed not going to lie. My transfer is to the Zarzal Zone as a zone leader, proselyting area Bugalagrande, in English it is the Big Boo-ga. When I got here I immediately fell in love with the landscape. The Zarzal Zone is at the top of the mission so it has terrain that is very different. It’s still hot but there’s a breeze here. One thing I love about the Big Booga is that there’s tons of hills and trees, it’s beautiful. There isn’t a chapel here so we have to travel to Andalucia where we attend at the house chapel. It is only about 15 minutes away and costs about 2 thousands pesos to go there and come back which is the equivalent of about 1 dollar which is a lot of money here.

It’s mega Catholic here. My companion is awesome, his name is Elder Chamorro, and he is from Quito Ecuador. The only problem is that, oh I know, he finishes the mission in 2 weeks, hahahaha oh well.
SO I’m trying as fast as I can to learn how to be a zone leader so far it’s proven to be EXHAUSTING. I got to my area Wednesday I unpacked my suitcases and then I repacked my little suitcase and in less than 2 hours I was on my way again to Cali but this time for my first leadership council on Thursday. 

Friday we got back and we went to the top of the zone and hour and half away in bus to do a zone meeting and then when we got back we had to do an interview between two companions that can’t stand each, other one that refuses to work. Yeah it’s crazy.

Yesterday for example: 
We had a surprise baptism in a river in the Big Booga at 8:30 in the morning. 

Church and the conformation at 9:00 a meeting with the district president at 10 and interviews back up at the top of the zone in Zarzal at 12:30. When all of that was finished a normal proselyting day followed by doing all the zone dats for the week. WOOOO. Holy Cow if I thought I was working hard before this is a whole new league of work ha-ha.
 I LOVE IT!

So here in the Bigbuga my best friend so far is a recent convert named Rodrigo or Rodger. He’s 17 years old. He got baptized 1 year ago and loves the church, loves missionary work and oh did I
mention that he's blind? HE'S SO AWESOME! And such an inspiration to everyone. His number one desire is to serve a mission, we share our favorite scripture and he always shares it with investigators in lessons because he knows it by heart.

Philippians 4: 13
13. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

What a scripture huh and what a kid. He’s so awesome.
He is an incredible example in my life and that is what brings me to…

 The challenge of the week:

Think of someone that is an example to you or someone that has or inspires you and simply tell them thank you. 

Ever onwards, always choose the right, be the light of the world. 
We are the example 

Love you all 
Elder Lyle



No comments:

Post a Comment