Monday, November 25, 2013

A Heavy Week

Well this was yet another hard week, it started off when I said goodbye to a good friend, Hermana Medina, who is headed off back to her own country, Argentina.
(Ciao Hermana Medina)

The week started off a little difficult. 
My area is hard. Like REALLY, REALLY HARD. There are so many problems that I’m trying to solve that my head hurts like 24/7.

People inactivate themselves from the church because of one family in my little humble branch of 70 people. 27 of the 70 people belong to this one family. It’s difficult, it’s just that this family thinks that you have to be perfect to be a member of the The Church of Jesus Christ. But the truth is it is exactly the opposite. The church itself is perfect but the people within it are not. We are there to try to perfect ourselves not to be perfect, but try for perfection because we are far, far, far from perfection.

Zulma and Saul, Saul is a drug addict, he keeps on escaping from his house until, well, until Zulma left him.

We are kind of like marriage counselors, and are currently working with 4 couples to resolve marriage issues. Things are going well with them.

We are working with 6 couples who are not married.

There are so many challenges in this area but I’m learning so much everyday.
We had a baptism of a pregnant lady yesterday named Lucia.
She had an amazing experience.
She wasn’t really sure if she wanted to get baptized and received her interview to get baptized with many doubts. When she was in the interview her baby kept kicking her but she said it was in a soft way that didn’t cause her any pain like her baby was telling her to go ahead and do it. 
In her baptism her baby was so happy and active she said she had never felt anything like that.
What an amazing experience.
(Baptism of Lucia)

My week included the following. 
Alcoholics
Drug addicts
Abortions
Suicide Attempts 
And then the most spiritual baptism I have ever attended.

An investigator of ours asked us a question that has really got me thinking,
Why is there such bad things in this world?
Why does the bad come before the good?
I found my answer in The Book of Mormon
2 Nephi 2:11
11. For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my first born in the wildereness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility.

I testify that this is true. That we must have an opposition in all things, to know the good from the bad, the sweet from the bitter. 

I love this gospel
I love my life here

CHALLENGE:
Invite the missionaries over for a Family Home Evening in the house this week. Ask them to center their message in this question:
¨Why do bad things happen in this life.¨
Should be fun.

I love you brothers and sisters
Be thankful this week
In the name of Jesus Christ 
Amen
Elder Lyle

No comments:

Post a Comment