Saturday, May 2, 2015

Transfers... It's here

So this week was super interesting.

This week was officially my last week of being Elder Gomez’s companion. 

Elder Dean will be my new companion, and we will finish together. We will finish as 
Traveling Assistants to the President.

Traveling assistants is something that started in the mission 3 months ago and it will end with us. Both of us will finish the mission like this and after that the traveling assistants won’t exist anymore. 

So from here on out I will be sleeping on the floor of the missionary’s houses in constant divisions. I’m super excited but it’s been super hard being assistant for 9 months, 8 months here in the office and now 1 month as a traveling assistant, but I have learned so much in this time. 

This week we worked all week in the area. I don’t remember the last time I had that privilege to work all week in the area without interruptions, it was awesome. 
I love being a missionary!

This week we worked a lot with the Quinayás Family and the Escobar Family.

The Escobar Family is the family of Sonia (our convert from about 6 months ago) we are now teaching her family which happens to be less actives of 20 years ago. They don’t remember almost anything about the church and we are helping them make their way back to church. They always have so many questions it’s awesome.

Then we have been teaching the Quinayás Family, they are EPIC. They went to church last week and loved it. The other day we read 1 Nephi 8 and talked about the necessity to endure to the end. When we came back a few days later we were talking with her and she told us that something super weird had happened to her. She began to tell us that the previous night her son (25 years old) had come to her and told her that he had had the strangest dream where the whole family was walking through darkness but they were all holding onto a bar of metal. He had not read 1 Nephi 8 with us, nor did we know him, but his mother told him that we had passed by earlier in the week to explain exactly that, that we have to hold onto the rod of iron to find our way to eternal salvation. 
It is so incredible to see the way the Lord works.

I love that about the gospel and missionary work that the Lord is always there giving you the backup needed to help the people truly convert themselves to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

I love you all so much 
Have an awesome week
Elder Lyle

P.S. A side note to the fam: 
My new roommate at BYU is serving in the area where Elder Donoso is from.  (He, my new roommate wrote me and sent me pictures and I was all like I KNOW THAT FAMILY!) 
This week I start my last month in the mission and Elder Dean is my companion. We came here together on the mission and we are leaving together from the mission. I will be sleeping on the floor consecutively for the next month and I am just PUMPED. This is so up my alley and I GET TO BE WORKING EVERY HOUR OF EVERY DAY. HOW EXCITING IS THAT!
 I love you  
Elder Lyle


No comments:

Post a Comment