Monday, December 16, 2013

Behold the Lamb of God

Well, this week was pretty normal.

Thursday we moved Noemi and Lucia to a new house. Oh my gosh it was a lot of work. The car that we loaded up was so illegal with couches tied on top, TV’s in the couch, drawers everywhere, but hey I live in Colombia everything passes here. 

Saturday I taught English with our investigator who is an English teacher in a little town outside of Ipiales. Super cool, a little sketchy, but we're good.

I have CAMBIOS
Well I don’t but my companion does. He is on his way to Palmira 14 hours north of here. My new companion is from Honduras, Elder Aguilera. 

And I am now District Leader. 
I’m a little nervous to be honest, I am now in charge of all the baptismal interviews in my area and it so happens that my district, which consists of 4 missionaries, also contains the zone leaders. The zone leaders are in charge of all the missionaries here in Ipiales but I’m in charge of them because they are in my district. So now I have to tell President Prince all the things they do wrong, if they do things wrong...no pressure. 

Things are going a lot better here in Ipiales this Christmas season.

We have a family that we are very attached too, the Vidal Family; English Teacher-Jorge, and his wife Vicky, and their son Christian. I think we are going to spend Christmas with them as they are practically our neighbors. 

CHRISTMAS!
Mathew 2:11
11. And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

Luke 2:8-12
8. And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

Although Christmas isn’t really the time of year that Jesus Christ was born, we take this time of year to celebrate and to remember the birth of the Savior of the World. 
Sometimes we forget that the biggest present that we ever received didn’t come wrapped and found under a tree or in a stocking hung by the fire. 
But came from the sacrifice of the Lamb of God. 

Do you really know what the Savior did for you?
He suffered for your pains and sins. Individually he did that just for you. 
Yes he suffered for the whole world, but in order to do that he had to suffer for your sins as well, he suffered for you and if we just sit around and think, well he already suffered I can do whatever I want, I warn you beware of the day of judgment when you stand before Jesus Christ, the man that died for you and you just say, thanks for all you did. 

Faith without works is dead. 
Show your faith 
Show your love 
Be a disciple of Christ. 

CHALLENGE:
To remember the true spirit of Christmas plan to do something big for a family in need. Have a family home evening before you deliver the presents and talk about what exactly Jesus Christ did for you. 

I love you Hermanos and Hermanas 
In the name of Jesus Christ
Amen

Elder Rawly Lyle


No comments:

Post a Comment