Monday, October 7, 2013

Change is Inevitable

Well hello family and friends,

This week was a very interesting week with my new companion Elder Carrasco. He is from Chile and is 22 years old. He is a little bit different from the normal person. However the coolest thing is that my old companion is now my district leader and we are still in the same ward. So we do divisions 3 times a week with the permission of President Prince. I have two companions now, kind of. I am with Elder Borg 3 days a week and Elder Carrasco 4. Elder Borg will go home to his island the 27th of October and I’m really not looking forward to that day. 

We as a district are still working very unified in order to help the people in our area but it still isn’t the same without Elder Jones. 

Friday we had our third wedding, ha-ha, of an amazing family and story. 

Santiago is 15 years old and wanted to be baptized but his parents refused to let him be baptized, so what did he do? He began to accompany the missionaries to his neighbors, (his cousins). The entire family is now baptized all 15 of them. Finally his mother, Ana, let him get baptized. His parents went to the baptism and felt a change. They got married this Friday in order to be baptized next week, the only member of the family who has not been baptized or does not have a date to get baptized is his uncle Mario, who has serious problems with alcohol, but don’t worry we are working very hard to help him and his family. 

This week was conference week. 
Oh how I love conference, as a kid I really only knew conference weekend as a fun weekend with the cousins. Every time we prayed we simply stopped yelling and running and when the prayer ended we continued on with our shenanigans. 
I now love conference. I was given the challenge to bring questions with me to conference because whatever the question is, for instance:
How can I be a better friend?
How can I find a stronger testimony?
How can I know if this is true? Etc...
It will be answered in conference.

I offered this challenge to all my investigators and all 9 of them received every single response to their question as well as myself. 

It really is a marvel to have a Prophet in this day and age to guide us. We live in a world were many of the morals of society are changing faster than the clothes of those who degrade them. We need help in this day and age more than ever. We need the church as it was established by Jesus Christ along with the three fundamentals he established:

1. A Prophet
2. Apostles 
3. The authority to baptize and bless the sick also known as the priesthood.

These are the three fundamentals of the church of Jesus Christ as he established them. If you don’t believe me search for them in the bible. 
Or here I’ll help you, ha-ha.

Ephesians 2:20 
20. And are build upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone.

There you go folks. The authority was given to these people by the laying on of hands and the passing of this authority.
The authority has always been given in this manner with the laying on of hands over the head of someone.

In Numbers
18. And the Lord said unto Moses, Take thee Joshua the son of Nun, a man in whom is the spirit, and lay thine hand upon him

 Not clear enough that’s okay

Acts 19:6-7
6. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
7. And all the men were about twelve.

This is called the priesthood and is essential for the church of Jesus Christ. I often refer to the priesthood as a battery in a television remote. 
The television remote can look real fancy like it can do maybe 500 things more than just change a channel. But without a battery the thing is useless. 

The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints has this priesthood.

We have Apostles
We have a Prophet

We have the Church of Jesus Christ in these latter days
We have reestablished the Church of Jesus Christ just as he had established it when he was here on the Earth… 
With a Prophet
Apostles 
And the Authority

This conference was amazing for me I received a lot of help. 
I think the most important help I received was the following: 

We are needed by our Heavenly Father
Now is our time

He needs us to be certain types of people, so he puts challenges in front of us to help mold us into who we need to be. We can except and become the new us that is needed, needed in our own lives. Or we can fight and think I don’t like this situation I just want it to change and for everything to go back to how it was. 

We need to change 
It is a part of this life 
Change is how we grow
And we grow through challenges

Friends and Family embrace the challenges of this life because you will grow

Corinthians 
3. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5. Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6. Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7. Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

You will receive the help you need because we have challenges for a reason to show these characteristics more.
To become Meek 
Be meek my friends and family.

I love you all so much

Here is my challenge of the week:

Now is the time to act

Have a family home evening this Friday and tell the missionaries to bring an investigator.
Make sure the family home evening is really awesome
Start with a hymn 
Then a game to break the ice
Then a spiritual message
Then another hymn and.....

FOOD 

Ahahaha, it's always better with food 

I love you all 

Elder Lyle

No comments:

Post a Comment