Monday, July 7, 2014

Fighting off the Neighbors

The truth is I had a pretty boring week.
We only taught 11 lessons, and for the majority of those lessons we were just defending our beliefs. 

Nothing crazy happened, so I’ll take the time to explain to you all a few topics that I find important.
This week I’ve had to “defend my faith” a lot. Recently all the Christian denominations have started telling a bunch of lies about us:

The Catholic Church talks about the ¨boys with ties¨ in their masses
The Jehovah Witnesses go knocking door to door to talk about the Mormon boys and why the people shouldn’t pay attention to us when we say good afternoon.
In many other denominations the pastors and preachers stand up to say many things about who they think we are and in what we believe in.

So let me take the time to explain to you all what I’ve had to explain to everyone who tries to insult me in the street as I say good evening. 
I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day-saints.
I believe in God the father, in Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost.
I belong to the same church that Jesus Christ organized when he was here on the Earth, which was lost immediately after the death of Jesus Christ and his apostles.
I know the church of Christ must have the same organization as the church that Christ established: A prophet, 12 apostles, and the authority to work in the name of the almighty God.
I know that this is the true church of Christ. Not because I grew up here or because somebody told me it was true, but because I asked God if it was true and I received the answer.
That’s my answer, not anyone else’s.
That is my invitation to others that they all ask God if the authority that Jesus Christ gave to his 12 apostles that was lost with their death has been restored to the world. If what we teach is true or no.
There are many churches today and many churches teach good things, however, there is only 1 that Jesus Christ established. He established one church and the apostles tried to keep everyone in the same faith, however with the apostasy that occurred after the death of all the apostles many churches began to branch off. There is only 1 that has Jesus Christ at the head that has the same authority of God, received in the same way Jesus Christ gave the authority to his disciples.
I know that these things are true, because I asked God if it really is true or not and I received the answer. 
Also, something that I would like you all to know, I taught a lot about one thing this week:
God has a body. 
He is not a spirit. 
He is a celestial perfect being. Many people don’t understand this principle. If God didn’t have a body how would Jacob from the Old Testament been ¨face to face¨ with him:

Genesis 32:30
30. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
Or the 10 Commandments, they were written with God’s Finger.... He needs to have a finger in the first place to write the 10 Commandments with his finger. 
Exodus 31:18
18. And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.
Or talked face to face with Moses
Exodus 33:11
11. And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.
Or talked mouth to mouth with the same prophet 
Numbers 12:8
 8.With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the Lord shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

Or how we are made in the “similitude” of God. Well if we are made in the similitude of God obviously he too would have a body, am I wrong? 

James 3:19
 19. Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.  

God has a body of flesh and bone. 
He has a celestial body perfected. 
He is not a spirit he is our Father and he is real.

The trinity consists of:
The Father and the Son, 2 beings very separate, both with bodies.
The third member of the trinity is a very separate being as well, however, he does not have a body so that he may work as the divine messenger of God, known as the Holy Spirit. 

I love you all. 
I just wanted to leave you all with this awesome message and also with the challenge for this week. 

CHALLENGE:
Invite one friend to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints if you are a member. 
If not, I personally invite you to see exactly what we do on Sundays. I know you will leave with a feeling of peace and quiet both in your mind and in your soul. These are the ways in which the Holy Spirit communicates with us. When there is too much noise in our lives we cannot feel the Holy Spirit. So I invite you all to at least feel a moment of reverence with us this Sunday. Just to see how it feels. No promises just to see how it is. 

I love you all 
Keep up the good work ;)
Talk to you next week 

Elder Lyle....OUT


No comments:

Post a Comment