Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone. 
This last week was all concentrated about the Savior of the world. 
My companion and I did nothing else but think and preach about Him and His resurrection all week long. I think it was possibly one of the most amazing weeks I have had here in Terrón Colorado. 

This week in Latin America is known as Holy Week it is where they celebrate the triumphal entrance of Jesus in Jerusalem last Sunday and celebrate every day up until today, Resurrection Sunday. We think about his great sacrifice that He paid for us starting Thursday night in the Garden of Gethsemane as he paid the price that no other man could. As we preached this week we used the initiative,
Because He Lives

And we saw the effect that it had in the lives of those we shared it with.

Because He Lives
We can start over, again and again
Because He Lives
We too will live
Because He lives

We can have a family forever. 

All of these brief but powerful statements captivate the souls and the minds of the Children of God. 
Our Savior lives
That is the most important part. 
Many people here celebrate crucifixion Friday more than resurrection Sunday. More people went to church, any church, on Friday than I have seen go to church my entire mission. It made me think of a scripture in John, as the angel at the sepulcher spoke to Mary Magdalene, Joanna, and Mary.
“Why seek ye the living among the dead?” 

I know that our Savior lives. I know that if we but look for Him, He will show himself unto us. 
He Lives
Have the best Easter Sunday ever
I love you all
Elder Rawly Lyle


No comments:

Post a Comment